Taking in the sun can feel so good, especially if you’ve been stuck in your house for a few months. However, too much sun is bad for your skin. Too much sun exposure can lead to skin cancer decades later. In fact, having five or more sunburns doubles your chance of developing melanoma, the most serious kind of skin cancer, according to the Skin Cancer Foundation. By age 70, one in five people will develop skin cancer. Between 1994 and 2014, the diagnosis of nonmelanoma skin cancers increased by 77%.
Here’s what you can do to better protect your skin from sun damage:
1. Apply sunscreen regularly. Paraben and PABA free sunscreen should be used 15 minutes before you’ll begin sun exposure and then be applied every two hours. You’ll definitely want to find a sunscreen that is free of all the other stuff. If you’re going in the water, you may need to apply sunscreen more frequently. Did you know that there’s a DIY recipe for sunscreen that includes doTERRA’s Hawaiian Sandalwood oil? Check it out and you’ll have a natural, safe sunscreen for all of your moments in the sun.
2. Use a wide-brimmed hat to help protect your face from the sun.
3. Wear long-sleeved shirts to limit sun exposure on the top half of your body. There are many attractive swimwear shirts nowadays that help you stay fashionable while also protecting yourself from the sun.
4. Make a sun protection spray to help manage sun discomfort. dōTERRA’s DIY After Sun Soothing Sprayderives benefits from Lavender, Peppermint, and Tea Tree oils as well as aloe vera juice, vitamin E, and Fractionated Coconut Oil. Apply it generously to the affected area.
5. Limit your sun exposure, especially during the peak hours from 10 am to 2 pm.
6. Check your skin regularly for unusual spots or growths. See a dermatologist if you find something new or unusual. Depending on your risk, your dermatologist may want to see you more frequently for regular checks. The earlier a dermatologist can spot pre-cancerous cells, the earlier they can be removed or treated.
For Better Wellness, Let dōTERRA Essential Oils and Supplements Help
For better wellness, let dōTERRA essential oils and supplements help. Frani Pisano is passionate about the power of dōTERRA essential oils and supplements and loves educating her customers around the globe. To discover more about how health coach Frani Pisano and how dōTERRA oils can help your life, visit her site, or contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org.